Thursday, April 14

bibliophile [catch up 9]

A few more books for your reading pleasure.



Circle of Friends, Maeve Binchy. I just love Binchy. Did anyone ever read her novel Tara Road, which I listed as one of my faves wayyyy back when I first started doing book reviews? She writes lovely books about friendship and community based in Ireland. Sounds simplistic, but there's always more there than you'd expect. I liked Tara better, but this one was still a pleasure.


The Cuckoos Calling and The Silkworm, both by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling). Fun reads following a flawed but brilliant private investigator, Cormoran Strike, and his trusty, sexy sidekick. I don't read many mysteries, but I'll read anything by JKW, and I'm glad I gave these a shot. Pretty classic in format- some humor, one big crime per book, private lives of our two detectives woven throughout the series, etc. There's a third out that I haven't started yet!



The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. This was a weird one, but compelling. There's some supernatural stuff, almost felt like a dream reading it. It's been described as a fairy tale, and a short one at that, so it won't cost you much to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?