Thursday, April 28

bibliophile [catch up 10]



One I loved, one I hated, and one that's a movie!


Fates & Furies, by Lauren Goff. A few different perspectives of the same marriage, told over the course of their lives. With superb in-depth character development of the couple, its a smart novel that I enjoyed quite a bit...which isn't something I've been saying much lately.

The Danish Girl, by David Ebershoff. Loosely inspired by the true story of a pioneer for the transgender movement, it's also an intimate look at a marriage. I liked it, but it wasn't quite as good as I was hoping. I've heard the movie is good


Everybody Rise, by Stephanie Clifford. Ugh, that People Mag pick sticker should have told me everything I needed to know. Don't bother with this- it's supposed to be a witty tale about a socialite wannabe, but it's just a cringe-inducing worthless bimbo who has low self esteem and even lower values.

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?