Friday, May 2

link it up

One of the many hats my dad chooses to don is that of the brewer. he isn't sure if this is real, but I'll report back after he gives it a try: how to drink all night and not get drunk.

One of my resolutions for this year was to get back into letter writing. All through college I dutifully enjoyed sending post to family and friends, but haven't been so diligent these last few years. This subscription service would keep me honest, and it looks beautiful. G, I think you'd like this too!

Literal rock band icons. My favorite is Blind Melon. Can you guess them all?

I've shared Humans of New York before, a blog I adore that pairs portraits with profound, funny, ironic, or interesting quotes from the subject. The founder shares a bit about his process, and I really liked this message: your philosophies and opinions are not unique, they are shared among many, but your stories are your own.

Eater does an "essential 38" list for restaurants in a city, pizza places in NYC, etc that I reference quite a bit when I'm on the road. This Wednesday they released their 38 Essential Coffee Shops IN THE COUNTRY, and I felt pretty smug about how many I've been to and/or how many I can GET to relatively soon: I've been to #4, 5 (MY FAVORITE), 7, 18 dozens of times, 23 a few weeks ago, 24, 35 (but only in NYC) and will do 28 when I move D to Atlanta in May, 8 when I visit K in Chitown in June, 30 when I'm in Miami next month and tried 12 on Thursday. I love lists, especially crossing things off them. Preferably with a cup of coffee in hand.

A hilarious take on smart phone shaming in public interactions. Do we think the author writes in jest or seriousness?

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?