Monday, December 2

Christmas wishlist

Hey there. I assume you were too busy O.D.ing on turkey and online shopping this past Thursday and Friday to notice the lack of posting (that's what I was doing, anyway).

I love a good Christmas list, but it can be tough to think of things that make good gifts (rather than things I want to go buy for myself). My most frequent purchases are clothes, which I personally feel don't make a great gift- sizing and preference are too tricky. Lauren Conrad has a rule that all gifts need to be able to be used up- think candles and gourmet goodies. While I don't agree, I really liked the idea and I'm sure it helps her manage her possessions.

Here are the most crave-able things I've found this season. Perhaps one or two may work for your own loved ones, or you can just ship 'em my way. Don't forget that today is Cyber Monday!

Gold Flatware

Want. So badly. These babies are from West Elm ($104 for a set of 4, really a good deal, but of COURSE you need 8). A lot of the items I crave this year are the kinds of things you register for. Just because you're putting off marriage until later in  your adult life doesn't mean you have to put off owning adult things. AND West Elm is doing 25% off everything at the moment with the code STOCKUP. That's a deal if I ever saw one. While you're at it, I'm in love with this pillow.

Everlane



I posted about this company before, but I just continue to love them, the Ryan T in particular. As you can see above, they run big, so be careful- I'm not a small girl, but I wear a small. Check out their cashmere, silk, and fine leather goods while you're there!

Mandoline



My brother has this mandoline from Crate and Barrel, and says it's excellent. If you need something cheaper, I hear this one is great, too.

Plaid Scarf


Isn't this the sweetest? At Zara. Or if I've been really good, a Johnstons of Elgin (100% cashmere from Scotland, stalking the hell out of a few on Ebay).

Kindle Paperwhite.



My brother gave me a Kindle years and years ago, and while I love it, it's started acting squirrely and needs to be replaced. I think the paperwhite best suits my needs (just a clean reader).

Silk Long Underwear


Don't knock it 'til you try it. Super lightweight and super warm, but not thick.

So what's on your list this year?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?