Wednesday, October 31

bag it up [October Birchbox]


Another month, another Birchbox.

Every few months, they give you the choice to "opt-in" to a specialized Birchbox. Such was the case in October, and I always go for it. "Goop" was the inspiration- apparently they're a lifestyle website with daily emails, seemingly like my beloved Pure Wow. I'll admit I haven't experienced Goop yet, but I have to say I'm unimpressed with their Birchbox selections.
Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum- can't really determine how well serums work in just a week or two, which is one of the downsides of Birchbox. With most products coming in sample size, you only get a short few weeks to test 'em out. I'd love to fade dark spots and acne scars, like this says it will, so I'll probably use the whole sample and see where I stand.

DDF® Brightening CleanserThis came in a really big size, which was nice. It's a facial cleanser, not the best I've ever tried and certainly not the worst. Reminds me of a cetaphil, which is a little too gentle for my oily and acne-prone skin.

Mighty Leaf Tea - Tea PouchesUhh, this counts as one of my products? Is this a joke?

OROFLUIDO Elixir- I like using hair oils to protect before blow drying, so I'll use this. It works as well as any- nice scent, smooths flyaways, leaves hair soft. I still happen to be using the last hair oil I got from Birchbox though.

per-fékt beauty Lip Perfection GelThis was a little absurd too, in my opinion. It came in a tiny tablet, barely enough for one use. I happen to not like lip glosses, as they're usually sticky and the shine factor make my lips appear bigger than they are, which is mo def not something I need help with.

Overall, wasn't thrilled about my October Birchbox. But, if only one or two disappoint me per year, I guess I'm doing just fine. Did anyone else get the October Goop box? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?