Tuesday, July 24

Cheap Eats [chocolate chip cookie dough]

Anyone around here ever heard of Chocolate-Covered Katie? I know what you're thinking, and no, you can't rent her by the hour. She's a health-food blogger, and she specializes in taking deliciously sinful food and making it holy.

Who doesn't like chocolate chip cookie dough, right? It's even better than baked cookies, in my opinion. The problem is that you'll eat the whole batch before you even get them in the oven, making it an ideal treat to try and turn healthy.

So, I needed to make my own version, and I remember seeing a recipe at Chocolate-Covered Katie for a healthy version. I edited the recipe a bit below (here's the original):
Cookie Dough Dip
  • 1 1/2 cups white beans (1 can, drained)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup cashew butter
  • 4 tbls brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips
  • 2 to 3 tbsp oatmeal (uncooked)
Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a good food processor (not blender), and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips. Make sure you eat it right after adding the chocolate chips! The next day, the chips were soggy.

Chocolate-Covered Katie
I wouldn't say it was my favorite...in fact I'd probably rather just eat a controlled amount (HA) of regular cookie dough than a bowl of this stuff. But, it was definitely edible and a absolutely interesting- using beans as a base in place of flour and sugar is genius. It's also cheap and takes like 5 minutes to make, 4 of which you'll spend wrestling with your food processor. Check out her other recipes as well, and if you make this, let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?