Thursday, April 12

Campaign Furniture 101

I have a major soft-spot for campaign furniture. Here are some inspiration images, if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Lonny
Making Macy
Southern Hospitality
Oh Joy

Gorgeous right? Campaign furniture was traditionally military-inspired, to be used by traveling armies. The wood is typically teak or mahogany, and the brass hardware was meant to offer some protection and really creates the signature look. With the change in wartime practices and army transportation, these pieces became unnecessary and cumbersome. Now it's a novelty- I'm pretty sure it's not even being produced anymore. I've been loving it for ages thanks to its sturdy, masculine design and brass fixtures.

What do you think? Come over tomorrow to see the piece(s) I've snagged! They are awesome and will soon become awesome-er.

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?