Tuesday, March 27

DIY [gold-dipped bowls]

CB2, the younger, hipper member of the Crate & Barrel family,is offering $4.95 flat-rate shipping until April 9th. Combine this joyous news with their great sale section, and you h ave some home decor deals just waiting to happen. If you find their selection of serveware to be a bit sterile, as I did, I have an easy and impactful DIY to share with you.

Start with these beauties- the luna bowls from CB2 (the set below, consisting of one large, two medium, and three small bowls, set me back less than 50 bones including shipping)


Sure, they're pretty and modern and artsy with their curvy imperfect edges, but all-white can get a bit blah for me (see post here for further musings). So, since gold (and any metallics really) seem to be all the rage these days, I thought I'd jump on that shiny glitzy band wagon asap. Each bowl took me less than 10 minutes to complete and couldn't be simpler. So simple, in fact, that I shall teach you via images my four simple steps:


That's it. Really. I can't tell you how they'll hold up yet, but I'm thinking these will be exempt from the dishwasher just to be on the safe side. I already had the supplies at home- the only you may not have lying around, the liquid gold leaf, was just a few bucks at Michaels (be sure to check online for their perpetual 40% off coupon before you go). Let me know if you scoop anything up from CB2! 



Word on the street is that J and I may swing by the Crate & Barrel Outlet sometime this week, since she's got a new home to fill...I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?