Tuesday, February 28

The Great Debate: Light or Dark?

After the workplace, the bedroom is probably where you spend the majority of your time (hubba hubba). Despite the fact that you're unconscious for part of that time, the feel, energy, and mood of your bedroom is no matter to be taken lightly. Or darkly. Get what I'm saying? Of course not.

So what do you prefer? I like light bedrooms because the feel airy, spacious, peaceful, playful. When I think of a white bedroom I think of windows thrown open on a Saturday morning, curtains fluttering, deep breaths of fresh air, kids jumping on the bed, laughter. Dark bedrooms, on the other hand, say moody, cozy, safe, restful to me. I picture dim lighting, heavy blankets, lots of cuddling, large books, and cocktails. Are you with me?

Here are some images to get you in the mood. Stay tuned to see what D and I chose when we moved to our new apartment last year.

Let's make light of it:
tumblr
Design Sponge
unknown
unknown
The Things We Like
Casa Sugar
Mimmi O'Connell
 Now show me your darker side:
A New Found Treasure
Smith Boyd Interiors
unknown
Domino
Living Etc
Living Etc
Living Etc
tumblr

1 comment:

  1. Hi Meaghan, I awarded you the Liebster Blog Award on my blog today. Head on over and check it out! http://www.thingsafterrings.com/blog-news/

    ReplyDelete

how you like dem apples?